Wow!! I can not believe this challenge is almost over!! In case you are just now joining us and have no clue what I am talking about, I am currently participating in the $100 Room Challenge that Erin from Lemons, Lavender and Laundry started about two years ago. The purpose of this challenge is to make over a room (or area) in your house spending no more than $100 and and completing it within a month!!
I chose to make over my laundry room and I have been attempting to use as much stuff as possible that I already have. You can check up on what I have done so far:
This week I have focused on painting my laundry room. When I first started this project I just “knew” I wanted to paint three walls light turquoise and an accept wall behind the washer and dryer a darker turquoise. Then I went to the storage building to gather my paint I had on hand to find out “oops, I only have less than a quart of the light turquoise paint”. One thing I am trying really hard to do is use up some of the paint I have on hand before I purchase more paint for this house. So, what colors do I have on hand that will work…
Yes I totally said pink!! I had almost a whole gallon of a light pink and about half gallon of a darker pink. Alyssa’s room maybe next on my room make overs so I can use up some pink paint. So I decided to paint three walls light pink and my accent wall light turquoise.
If you follow my Instastories then you saw lots of behind the scenes pictures and videos of my projects from this past weekend!! If you don’t follow my Instastories you really should!
Along with painting my walls this weekend I wanted to remove the copper for the gas line that runs through the laundry room for a fire place/stove that we don’t use, do a good deep cleaning of the laundry room including cleaning my washer and dryer and replacing the dryer vent. The dryer vent in the laundry room from the previous home owners had a rip in it and we had purchased a new one to replace it and never did it. Also I wanted to clean the floors well since I had the washer, dryer and refrigerator out of the laundry room. Also, I had two projects I was working on.
The first project is a between the studs broom closet. That project has been rather interesting to complete and I am actually still working on it. But you can see a work in progress picture of it below. I can’t wait to have it finished and I plan to share a full tutorial on it Monday, so make sure you don’t miss that. I still haven’t figure out how to make the urinal work so if anyone knows anything about it let me know. I have tried using a screw driver to turn the little slotted thing and it doesn’t work.
My second project for this past weekend was a floating shelf above the washer and dryer. The one thing we did differently than most of the tutorials online is we did not use paneling around the edge. Instead we used pudding to fill in the holes and make everything smooth. Then we sanded it well and I put a coat of white paint on it to match the baseboards. Here is an in the process picture, we are not quiet done finishing it yet. But I’ll show you finished next week during the reveal.
I have a few more projects I am working on finishing up this week and then I will be back next week for a grand reveal!! Lets see how I am doing so far on my budget:
- Wood panel for between the stud closet: $13.96
- Flare gas cap: $3.39
- Light switch cover: $0.47
- Outlet cover: $0.47
Be sure to stay around a while and check out what everyone else has been working on by clicking the link below!!